Swiss Life Group
“Personal Data” is defined under the Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include names, identification numbers, mobile telephone number, medical records, photograph or video image of an individual.
Purposes for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Processing of Personal Data
At Swiss Life, we are committed to ensuring that our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data is in accordance to the PDPA. Personal data submitted by the policyholder, life insured, beneficiary, beneficial owner, and premium payor will be recorded and stored by us for the purposes of
- Assessing insurability, preparing, setting up, administering and issuing the insurance policy
- Insuring or reinsuring our risks
- Settling sums due under the terms of the insurance policy
- Preventing fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing
- Complying with any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction, including meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us.
We do not use your personal data for marketing purposes.
Administration and Management of Personal Data
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is reflected accurately and completely, if your personal data is likely to be used by us to make a decision that affects you, or disclosed to another organization. However, this means that you must also update us of any changes in relation to your personal data that you had initially provided us with. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from you not updating us of any changes.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that the provided personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of the personal data provided. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of such personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
We will also put in place measures such that personal data you provided in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymised as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or
+65 65806680 for any
- queries on our personal data protection policies and practices request
- to access or correct your personal data
- withdrawal of consent previously given to us in relation to your personal data