The case studies illustrate the advantages our tailor-made solutions can offer.
Case study 1: Spanish resident moving abroad
A Spanish resident entrepreneur is a tax resident in Madrid. His son lives in Mexico. The father wants to move to Mexico.
- Tax-efficient asset management solution
- Succession planning to secure family
- Asset Protection. As the assets will no longer belong to him but to the insurance company (subject to the rules for avoiding creditors’ defrauding).
- Simplified Obligations. Only the policy value to be included in his tax return.
- Taxation. Spanish Tax Reform - Exit Tax, The life insurance is not included in this law.
Estate Planning. Efficient and fast transfer of assets to heirs. No probation period, no collection of worldwide assets, no inheritance declaration.
Case study 2: Spanish national living abroad
A Spanish resident is living abroad. He owns a portfolio of securities under a trust structure. His daughter and only heir lives in Madrid, Spain.
- A solution that complies fully with all regulations
- Replicate the existing trust
- Investment Flexibility. The policyholder can make investment decisions because he is not resident in Spain; therefore article 14.2h f f PIT does not apply.
- Taxation. Reduces inheritance and gift tax.
- Estate Planning. Efficient and fast transfer of assets to heirs. No probation period, no collection of worldwide assets, no inheritance declaration.
- Full Access. The client is entitled to withdrawals at any time, with full access to the underlying assets.
For further information on how our solutions can meet the individual requirements of your clients please contact us: